Friday, September 25, 2015

Thimble Blossoms Sampler Week 2 - Stars

Happy Friday!

Who's ready to sew up some easy star blocks this weekend?

This week, we're still working with the Summerville pattern (available here) for our Thimble Blossoms Sampler QAL.

These star blocks are very easy (and quick!) to sew.  I chose to make them a little scrappy, but you can certainly make them all one color if you want depending on the fabrics you are using.


I put the pinks & reds opposite of each other on my star, as well as the cool colors (aqua and green) across from each other.


To get nice points with half square triangles (HST), I always sew a little big and them trim to size. This helps with accuracy when you join them together into a larger block.  You can use a ruler, but I also love a Bloc Loc for this!


Here are all my pretty blocks awaiting their quilt top neighbors!


Are you sewing with me?  Share a link or tag me on Instagram (@sewlux) and use #TBScrappySamplerQAL

Have a great weekend and I will see you next Friday with the next set of blocks!

Happy Sewing! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks look awesome! I'm hoping to make my stars this week :)
    So glad I ordered the kit.....

    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)