Sunday, February 2, 2014

Lazy Sunday QAL : Piecing

It's Sunday and that means its time for another Lazy Sunday QAL update. :)

I've managed to get all of my blocks cut and made this week.  I must say that this is the perfect project when things are a little crazy because its such easy sewing!  There are no fussy pieces, templates or points to match, so you can start and stop as you need to.

And with chain piecing, you can easily get these blocks knocked out in about 20 minutes a day over the course of the week.   If you've been following me on Instagram, you've probably seen me working on these a little at a time over several days.  I didn't even use pins. Easy peasy.  Truly!


Actually the sewing is so laid back, I even managed to rotate my blocks the wrong way!  Fortunately, I don't think it will make a huge difference in the overall design.


I'm excited to throw these on the design wall this week and stitch them all together.

Just like last week, I've pulled a winner from Instagram.  This week, the winner is cdketchie!  She's well ahead of me and was posting a layout this weekend.


Congrats, cdketchie!  We'll be in touch so you can choose your next May Chappell pattern.  :-)

If you haven't started yet, grab a layer cake and join the fun!  You can even make it with fat quarters and you can certainly catch up quick!  :-)

Don't forget to tag your progress this week on Instagram with #lazysundayqal and #isewwithsewlux.

I will see you next week with my finished quilt top!

Happy Sewing!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)