Monday, December 23, 2013

Crazy Christmas Sewing ...

The past week has been a complete whirlwind in my sewing room!  And with Christmas a little more than 24 hours away I am happy to say I am nearly done with my projects ... we'll see how much I can get done tomorrow.  :-)

Wanna see my week in review?

Two pillows - super easy - charm square friendly.  :-)  (The one on the right is made with just two prints - these Potluck prints from American Jane are awesome - I got this whole pillow from from just two quarter yard cuts.)

Some super cute snack mats for our friends' kiddos.  Love the Potluck Building Blocks print for these.  One yard gives you several of each letter in the alphabet!  A must stash in my opinion.  :-) These were totally scrap friendly and are 8 x 10.


I also whipped up a crazy Christmas sweatshirt for our tacky sweater Friday last week.  I started with my ruffled tree tutorial and then added embellishments before sewing it to my sweatshirt. I did take pictures as I went and will post a tutorial as a reference for later.


Then two more pillows to match the original Holiday Hustle quilt from last year.  I hear they look really great on the couch with their quilt companion.  :-)


I've also finished hand sewing the binding on my Aspen Frost Holiday Hustle AND pieced and quilted four quilts within the last week!  More about all those quilts soon.  For now ... Dude ... I'm tired!

Follow me on Instagram (@sewlux) to see if I get it all done!  :-)

Happy Sewing!  :-)

p.s. I will also work on getting a winner drawn for the HSJ BOM Link Up as well!

1 comment:

  1. All of the idea are great! But my favorite??? The idea that has 1 different idea every month for a date!photo crystal gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)