Monday, September 16, 2013

Who's Ready for Christmas?

Finally ... some real sewing has taken place around here!  :-)  Wanna see?

So, my Uphome girls (a group of us that met at Sew South) all decided to do a traveling medallion.  Which is super fun.  I had a hard time deciding on my theme at first since I am doing another medallion in all pink and polka dots and things I love!  (Which by the way, its not too late to sign up for it!)

So ... Christmas it is!  I think this allows for a lot of fun with the borders as well.  Can't wait to see what my girls add to this one.  :-)


I made my center block using mostly prints from the Modern Mix Christmas collection along with this cute Alexander Henry Christmas owl print.


I used the Ferris Wheel block from Elizabeth Dackson's project in Quilty magazine.  I did draw up some paper piecing patterns for the corner blocks in EQ7 though since the templates were just too fiddly for me.  Of course, my HST and 3x6 flying geese Bloc Locs were really helpful as well.  :)

I sent along some extra scraps and a few other prints from my stash with it.


Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Happy Sewing!  :-)

4 comments:

  1. I can tell already it will be gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! It looks awesome! Don't forget to post your pic on Flickr!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done a medallion quilt, it sounds like fun! Can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)