Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Design Challenge : All Squared Up by May Chappell

Hey y'all!  Today, we have a special bundle and project to share, but first let me introduce Lee of May Chappell.

I met Lee while at Sew South last year and we've since become friends.  She is super funny, has mad sewing skills, and is willing to unpick seams for friends.  :-)  I interviewed her so you could get to know her too.  :)

Lee's Bio ... 
Lee has been creating since she first discovered crayons at age 2! A seventeenth generation quilter (still working to confirm this;), she learned everything she knows from her mother, affectionately known as the guru. She loves all things fabric—from zippy pouch to queen size quilt—and everything in between. With a love of color and bold graphic shapes, Lee enjoys designing patterns and teaching all types of classes, while sharing her adventures on her blog, www.maychappell.com. She is a graphic designer by day and a sewist by night!

What is your favorite quilt block of all time?
That's a tough one! But it has to be log cabin. It's classic and so easy to change up. There are so many variations!!

What is on your "quilt bucket list"?
It's probably a shorter list to say what isn't on there! But my ultimate bucket list quilt is a queen sized Cathedral Window with all my favorite fabrics. Maybe someone out there wants to make it for me:)

What is your favorite sewing tool or notion?
I'm not usually that much of a notion person, but I have become quite obsessed with Bloc Loc rulers lately. If it genuinely saves time, I'm impressed and Bloc Loc rulers definitely save time!

What is your favorite sewing supply/room organizational tip?
I write my own selvage for interfacing, batting and solids. I write with a permanent marker along the edge as though it is a selvage with all the info I need to identify it.  (How smart is that!?!?!)

I asked her if she'd like to curate a bundle for a project and she agreed.  Here's what she came up with ...


Like?  Well,  check out this great project she made with her bundle ... the "All Squared Up" quilt.

You can score this pattern for FREE when you purchase her limited edition bundle.  (We'll email the PDF pattern to you within 24 hours of purchase.)

Stop on over and learn more about her "All Squared Up" project.

Happy Sewing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)