Saturday, July 21, 2012

Roll Call & Weekend Sewing

Happy Saturday y'all!  I told my husband to "feel free to play some video games" today.  I plan on sewing all afternoon!  (Not that he needed any arm twisting or anything.)  I didn't get much sewing done this past week due to some curriculum work for next school year, so I've definitely earned some creative time. :-)

Today, I'm working on a machine cover for the Modernista Homemade swap on Flickr.  I think I've finally settled on what I want to make.  My partner wants reds, creams, with some gray or blue.  And likes big florals.  This isn't usually considered "modern" so I hope my fellow swappers didn't think I was crazy posting this picture of possible prints ...

Anyway ... I have a charm pack of Etchings laying around as well.  And since I'm about to start cutting, there will be no turning back especially if I want to add some hand quilting or embroidery or something to the project.  Ack!

I also plan to make some of these Gemstone blocks for my do. Good Stitches Faith Circle this month this weekend.

What are y'all working on?  And speaking of which ... there's a lot of new followers around here lately.  So, I'd like to do a "call roll" (I know, I'm such a teacher!) .... so link up your blog in the comments (even if you think I know your blog).  I'd love to visit you and see what you're up to!

Happy Sewing! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Sharon with VroomansQuilts - and Etchings is just a super pretty line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a couple of bags, a knitting needle roll, and a few mug rugs. I have a notebook cover and a quilt top to finish, but not before I piece together my knitted slippers and felt them.

    I blog over at ChezCrazy.com (when I have a few minutes to do so).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty fabrics! This is me: http://faithfamilyandfrugality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently working on the Louisa bag patten for Clover & Violet. I blog at http://hooknneedlecreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking fabrics! LOL to the teacher in you... I have 4 I'm homeschooling... I'm over at RidgeTopQuilts...http://mtnmommy2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)