Thursday, March 15, 2012

Modern Solids 2 Complete

Hi there!  Happy almost Friday!  :-)


I finished my Modern Solids Round 2 Swap package just in time to get it shipped off today and I really like how everything turned out.  As you know, I had a dilemma about the wall hanging, but decided to go with my instinct and orient it horizontally.  Hopefully, the recipient will like it that way!  :-)  Here it is all finished ...


It turned out really pretty well considering I drafted my own smaller version of the original Prism pattern by Faith at Fresh Lemons.  The blocks finish at 5 inches, so this is about 20 x 30 inches.


I also made a Swatch Book cover using a Keyka Lou pattern.  (Love Michelle's patterns!)  I pieced some leftovers together and added a graph paper Moleskine book so the recipient can use it as a sketch book.  Hope she likes it.


I used quite a bit of Bella Steel for these projects.  It really is a lovely medium gray solid.


And here's the package I packed up and mailed off ...


Kind of wish I didn't have to mail it! ;-)

Happy Sewing! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the simple lines on the wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! I am so thrilled to be the recipient of this amazing package! Chrissy this is beautiful and I love everything about it! Thank you so much for the wonderful swap package!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)