Wednesday, September 21, 2011

For the Love of Solids Swap

Hiya!  I got a big box the other day from the "For the Love of Solids" swap on Flickr.  (You remember I made a pillow and some goodies for Megan and mailed it off last week.)  Well, Darcy got me and she did a great job making a fun package to send my way. :-)

I love this bright half square triangle pillow that Darcy made.  (And my mister loved it too!)  She talks about her inspiration in this post here.


And ... so check this hoop out!  A.maz.ing!


She used my hexagon block tutorial - so fun to see it used a little differently!  And look at all these amazing french knots.  Stunning.

It was funny, because I was looking at the Flickr group pool today (full of amazing things) and thought "how did someone get my pictures and put them up already?!" ... We took some very similar pictures!  :-)

Thanks so much, Darcy, for two amazing works of art.  I love them!

And since I've shared a pillow today, I thought I'd remind you of the Pillow Stitch and Share Challenge for this month.  I will be posting the linky next week!  Check out the link and play along - you could win a $20 gift certificate and we've got some great new things in and more new things coming! :)

Happy Sewing! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the kind words - I am so glad you liked your things! Such fun to make and especially using your great tutorial :) hopefully our swapping paths will cross again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)