Saturday, July 23, 2011

Seuss

Hi all!  There went another week ...  Goodness gracious!  :-)  It's been over 100 degrees here ... stinkin' hot, I tell ya.  I hope you are all staying nice and cool.

Earlier this week, I finished up a quilt for a friend of mine.  She's got better things to do ... mainly, enjoy taking care of her long awaited sweet baby!  So, I offered to quilt and bind her latest Turning 20 adventure ... a Dr. Seuss quilt.

Here's the whole thing ...

I did some (mostly) straight line quilting and I think it really suited this quilt well.  And it crinkled up nice after a wash and tumble.

I pieced the back and got it on there straight!  woot woot!  That blue & red dot print can really mess with your eyes!  ;-)

And a striped binding. LOVE a striped binding!

Thanks, D, for letting me finish this up for you ... now I suppose I should quilt the tops hanging in my closet! ;-)

What have y'all been working on?  Hope you'll share a summer project with us later this week!

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. CUTE!! I've been working on little projects here and there but ready to start cutting and piecing another quilt top for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)